Blockchain: record and share information in a secure way
Blockchain technology enables you to record and share information securely and reliably. Parties in the blockchain have the freedom to process and supplement information with the consent of others in the chain and with a transparent audit trail. This gives you visibility into any changes made to the data and clearly indicates who made them. This builds trust between you and your suppliers, and allows you to work together based on equivalence.
Blockchain is ideal for companies that work together in an extended supply chain, such as logistics companies and retail companies. It also well suited for companies in the financial sector and for governments. Any organization looking for a secure way to collaborate with suppliers can benefit.
Our specialists work on practical projects to deliver added value. They can advise you about the different types of blockchains – private, public or hybrid – and their possibilities. Visma Connect helps you develop your projects, managing and building their components, such as nodes.
- Decentralized applications, such as smart contracts or apps that are triggered and take action depending on activities in the chain;
- Decentralized audit trails where transactions must be validated by all parties in the chain;
- Tracing and preventing infringements of trademark and property rights, such as plagiarism, parallel imports and the import of counterfeit goods, using track-and-trace throughout the supply chain;
- Self Sovereign Identity, a blockchain application where citizens have control over their digital identity and can use it to access government services online and communicate with government authorities;
- Managed blockchain nodes – there is no party in charge of the entire blockchain, all participants are responsible for managing its nodes and infrastructure. Visma Connect supports participants in setting up and managing nodes;
- Citycards (Stadspas), a fully digitized solution used by municipalities to earmark available budget per cardholder, for example for activities in sports or culture complexes. All transactions are recorded in the blockchain. This service provides the municipality with significant savings by minimizing administrative procedures.